Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!! (Part 1)

So this year, I decided to post a recipe. It's not exactly something that I regularly do...(And we don't normally make it for Thanksgiving - The reason for that being that we don't write down our recipes - but I thought it'd be nice to give you a recipe and then update about meonsie.)

So...The recipe!! It's a dessert: which means yay sugar! And it's totally gluten free!! So people like me can eat to our hearts content without worrying about dying later...(And I mean it literally)

Baked Pears
- serves 8

8 while pears
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 cup red wine (I don't personally use this)
1/2 cup honey or maple syrup (or sucanat - which is what I use)
1/2 cup sweet cream (optional)

Combine lemon juice, wine and honey or syrup in a small pan. Bring to a simmer. Peel pears and core from the bottom end. Set on sides in a buttered pyrex dish and pour the wine mixture over them. Bake at 350 degrees for about 1/2 hour, turning and basting frequently. Carefully remove pears to a bowl and chill well. Meanwhile, pour syrup into a small saucepan and boil down until it thicken. Let cool.

To serve, place pears on individual plates and spoon sauce over.




No comments: