Friday, December 11, 2009

I Don't Suffer From Celiacs...I Enjoy Every Moment of It!!

Alright. So I admit to being totally in love with cooking...It's a guilty pleasure that will make some dude totally happy...Seriously, my brother has told me I'm not 'allowed' to get married until after he does so he can 'enjoy' my cooking until the last possible moment! Oy! ..Anyway...I digress.

So, and I'm sure I'm not alone here, I'm a celiac. I'm griping because I'm addicted to the Food Network and they don't have any chefs/cooks who make gluten free foods...Heck, they don't make any foods for any people who have any kind of dietary requirement they have to meet. My complaint is simple. HIRE SOMEONE WHO CAN COOK BY ALTERNATIVE MEANS!!! Seriously people, it's not that difficult to find someone who can cook let's say gluten free food without using garbage like white sugar or the like.

I mean, hello! Sucanat anyone?? Why is it that people like me, who absolutely love to cook and love to cook as close to nature as we can get, can't get any recipes from the Food Network (or our favorite chefs) that we can eat that wont kill us. Because, I have to be honest here, eating gluten for a celiac is like giving a pound of pure white sugar to a diabetic...It's murder that's what it is!

Why this sudden overwhelming need to verbalize this complaint you may be asking yourself...Well, that's easy to answer. I'm currently watching the Food Network and Ina Garten is making cheese puff pastries...And the only thing running through my mind is...Gee, that looks good. Too bad I can't even consider eating any!

And so it falls to me to create a recipe that's gluten free with an alternative sweetner that us celiacs can actually eat...And so I shall. Who says celiacs is a life sentence? I say thus: I don't suffer from celiac's...I enjoy every moment of it!!! Mwaha!

And so my troops, I give the rallying cry. I'm going to try my hand at gluten free cheese puff pastries...And you'll be the first to know how it turns out! Aha!

No comments: