Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Merry Freaking Christmas...

Hey, all. Sorry it's been so long since I've updated but with things the way they are with my family it make it pretty difficult to get away to post.

So this Christmas is looking to be the worst in recorded history...At least for me and my family anyway. Why? Well that's easy, turns out my mom may have ovarian cancer. Right now the doctors aren't sure, but that's what our family doctor originally thought....So Christmas is in 8 days and this is the bomb that's been dropped on us.

It's interesting to watch the way people respond. As I'm sure you're all well aware different people respond to this kind of situation in different ways. And with the way my siblings are responding, it makes it all the harder. So far there's been denial and anger...Not sure what comes next, right now I'm just trying to roll with the punches, but I'm only going to be able to last so long (or so far). We need someone to be the calm one in this and I guess I got the job. Time will tell how everything goes. Currently I'm just praying it doesn't turn out to be cancer of any kind. But we rarely get what we want, that whole life isn't fair thing, and at this point I can't really say what God wants us to learn from all of this.

So yeah, Merry Christmas.

No comments: