Wednesday, June 28, 2006

And Then She Was Gone

I came across this poem and I liked it so much that I decided that I would post it.

And Then She Was Gone

She chose to walk alone
Though others wondered why
Refused to look before her
Eyes cast upwards
Toward the sky

She didn't have companions
No need for earthly things
Only wanted freedom
From what she felt were
Puppet strings

She longed to be a bird
That she might fly away
She pitied every blade of grass
For planted they would stay

She longed to be a flame
That brightly danced alone
Felt jealous of the stream
That made the air its only home

Some say she wished too hard
Some say she wished too long
But we awoke one autumn day
To find that she was gone

The trees, they say stood witness
The sky refused to tell
But someone who had seen it said
The story played out well

She spread her arms out wide
Breathed in the break of dawn
She just let go of all she held

And then she was gone.

Unknown

2 comments:

Laedelas Greenleaf said...

Wow, that's a beautiful poem. It's gonna take me a while to figure out what it means :-)

To answer your questions/comments:
~I saw Jon yesterday, and he seemed fine, so I'm guessing he won over the bears.
~I don't know anything about my pirate party. Life is craziness and I'm wondering if I will EVER get around to planning it before I go to Europe, and I don't think I'd be able to plan it between Europe and the beginning of the hateful school year. Ahhh!
~I smile so big when I make up Word Verification sentences, you wouldn't believe it. The only time I smiled bigger than that (in recent memory) is when I heard Kat accepted Christ!!!!!! Of course I'm kidding, but I did smile really big when I heard the news. That's so cool!!!! Speaking of which, how did the worship conference go?

Chanel Blanc said...

It was GREAT and although I thought some of the people there were COMPLETE crazies I let it go.
Yeah, I know what you mean about the whole party and school thing . . . I hate all the paper work you have to fill out for post secondary, but in the end I don't think I'll be complaining . . .
I'm glad he beat the bear . . . I think . . .
When Kat accepted Christ I wasn't smiling . . . That came LATER. I spent the whole evening bawling my brains out . . . So to speak. I doubt you'd be surprised at how much a sister can love another sister.
The word verification thing amuses me more than it should . . . Man I'm easy to please . . . Maybe I should work on that . . . Hmm . . .